Express Garage Doors is a well established Scottish family run business since 1993, based in Oakley near Dunfermline.
We pride ourselves on supplying a reliable, professional fitting service and meeting the requirements for your new/replacement garage door. If you need advice, please do not hesitate to contact us.
David Dryburgh director (owner) founded the company in 1993 working out of a small office attached to the garage in his back garden in Saline, Fife. Having previously owned a small transport company delivering garage doors to customers throughout the UK, the next progressive step was to set up Express Garage Doors as an independent garage door supplier and installer, the business grew year on year and David was soon looking for new premises with a view to providing a place where customers could enjoy viewing all the available door types and styles to suit all budgets.
showroom – click to enlargeDavid Identified a gap in the market, where by there was not a purpose built showroom in Central Scotland displaying garage door types and major manufacturers in UK and Europe
It was important the new premises would be big enough to incorporate –
- Showroom – to display a good range of styles and types of doors
- Office Space – with scope and space for admin staff
- Stocking Area – with potential to stock over 75 doors
- Workshop – fit for purpose, a safe and secure working environment
With the support of the suppliers we were able to provide a custom built showroom to display the doors and maintain the running costs, enabling us to pass on the discounts available to you the consumer.
Staff being added to with family members who in their own right have developed skills to further enhance the service provided to the consumer. Employees with a range of skillsets including Joiners, apprentice electrician, project manager, labourers and administration officers.
We can supply garage doors from most major UK and European manufacturers, using only the best quality premium graded steel with warranties from 2 to 10 years giving you the consumer peace of mind.
DHF – Door and Hardware Federation – which ensures quality workmanship throughout. Door and Hardware Federation.
Why should you specify from a DHF member company?
- Only DHF members have access to a comprehensive range of technical guides – your assurance of receiving products and services that are technically advanced and comply with legislation
- DHF members are professionals who work within defined Codes of Conduct and Codes of Practice to ensure you receive high standards of service and products that display high standards of workmanship and that are fit for purpose
- Choosing a DHF member guarantees you are dealing with a supplier holding £2 million product liability insurance
- Products and services supplied by DHF members comply with Health and Safety and CE marking requirements, giving you complete peace of mind
- Dispute resolution – DHF acts as a facilitator to promote the resolution of contentious issues by creating a climate in which to reach an amicable solution.
Fife Trusted Trader Scheme
Is led by Fife Council Trading Standards. It’s a membership scheme which uses an online directory of local trades who have made a commitment to treat their customers fairly.
The growing membership shows that the scheme gives both Fife residents and scheme members confidence that we are here to stay, and we will continue in our efforts to marginalise bogus workmen whilst promoting Fife businesses to local consumers.
Trusted Trader is designed to:
- Help customers avoid rogue traders
- Help customers make a more informed choice when choosing a trader
- Promote good business practice
- Independent Complaints Omsbudsman Service
Customers who use a Trusted Trader are asked to complete a survey form, based on their experience. That feedback is published on an online database by our partners at Trusted Trader. Before employing a trader to work in your home, you can search online for a local Trusted Trader (takes you to an external website) and check the feedback from their previous customers. This can help you to select the right trader for your needs.
The scheme is aimed at the home improvement trades, other household related services and the motor trade.
All applicants will require to be vetted prior to being admitted to the scheme and being able to claim membership. Members must agree to adhere to the terms and conditions. This includes a commitment to trade fairly, within the requirements of the law.
Consumer Complaints (Ombudsman Services):
It is our responsibility to supply you with goods that meet your consumer rights. If you have any concerns that we have not met our legal obligations, please contact us.
If you have a complaint against us for any work carried out or goods supplied, then put this in writing to us at our main address as soon as possible. We will aim to resolve the matter quickly. As a member of the Fife Council Trusted Trader scheme we are bound by its consumer dispute resolution process, and if we are unable to reach agreement then the scheme will provide an informal conciliation service, you can contact them on 0333 444 0185 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Should this process fail to conclude the matter, then a referral can be made to Kent County Council who provide an independent, expert dispute resolution service to the Fife Council Trusted Trader scheme. We will abide by their decision
Your old garage doors / frameworks are removed and disposed of by a recognised SEPA disposal company, their procedures involve separation of steel, wood, cardboard and plastic packaging inline with the standards of recycling recommendations
© 2020 Express Garage Doors Ltd | Company Reg - SC253784 | VAT No. 828828975
Registered address - Pentland House, Saltire Centre, Glenrothes, Fife, KY6 2AH